COVID-19 Related Service Changes
Friday March 13, 2020
March 13, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT
In accordance with recent recommendations from the College of Psychologists of Ontario, the Ottawa River Psychology Group commits to following CPO guidelines for offering psychological services to the community.
COVID-19 Information – March 13, 2020
The number of cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada is increasing and it is anticipated this will continue for some time. The College recognizes that decisions regarding client care should be left to the professional judgment of members based on the day to day risk levels published by the experts and the specific needs of both members and clients.
You may obtain up to date information from official websites including:
With regard to client services Ottawa River Psychology Group has implemented the following measures at this time:
- We may screen clients over the phone before scheduling or confirming appointments for any symptoms and travel history that may be related to COVID-19;
- We ask clients with fever, cough or difficulty breathing to make appropriate alternate arrangements for appointments, including distance appointments or rescheduling appointments for a later date;
- We will remind clients with signs in reception area identifying concerning symptoms and asking clients to identify themselves if they are experiencing any of them;
- Speak with your individual therapist about your situation to see if they are open to relaxing appointment rescheduling and cancellation policies until such time that risk has passed, e.g. by waiving cancellation fees;
- We make tissues, a garbage can, and hand sanitizer (or a handwashing station) available in our office, rest areas and waiting room;
- Our clinicians and administrative team will ensure high-touch surfaces (such as doorknobs, light switches, phones and sink faucets) are cleaned with a disinfectant regularly, or even between client appointments;
- All team members will engage in proper handwashing technique between sessions with clients; and,
- All team members commit to seeking medical care early if we are experiencing symptoms and to model best practice for our community will provide our health providers with information about our travel.
During this time Ottawa River Psychology Group clinicians may offer clients where appropriate telepsychology options for completion of their appointments. We commit to the best of our ability to ensure that, to protect the transmission of personal health information, our chosen telepsychology service provides end to end encryption and complies with Ontario privacy legislation requirements.