Psychological Skills for High Performers Coming to Ottawa River Psychology Group
Thursday July 4, 2019
We are pleased to announce that Adam Kingsbury, a doctoral candidate in Clinical Psychology from University of Ottawa will be joining Ottawa River Psychology Group in August of 2019, to offer evidence-based Third Wave psychological services under the licensed supervision of Dr. Kimberly Sogge C.Psych., our Clinical Director.
Adam will be bringing his extensive research on factors affecting athletes’ fine motor performance, and his elite coaching experience as a former National Team coach, as well as his doctoral residency training with The Ottawa Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to high performers from the sport, professional and academic sectors in Ottawa.
Adam offers the following services to the Ottawa community:
- Psychological assessments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder for adolescents and adults;
- Psychological assessment of performance-related challenges in athletes and other high performers;
- Psychological treatment using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy;
- Mindfulness-based training for stress management, performance, and health challenges;
- Effective therapeutic alliance building with Adolescents, Transition-Age Adults;
- Expertise in high performance mental training for elite athletes;
- Specialty in supporting psychological flexibility, focus, stress-management and development of emotional resilience in high performers of all ages.
- Evidence-based psychological support for recovery from burnout, stress and anxiety.