Guiding principles for practice
We intend to provide patient-centered psychological services guided by the following principles. Associates are chosen and screened for alignment to the practice vision to bring out the best in others, for personal integrity, and for commitment to these values:
- Professionalism. In our professional practice we are guided by the Canadian Psychological Association Code of Ethics. Our psychologists are registered as a Psychologist under the Health Professions Act. Our practice is regulated by the College of Psychologists of Ontario. We have professional affiliation with the Canadian Psychological Association and the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Evidence-Based. We seek to provide services that have both rational and empirical evidence to support their coherence, efficacy, and appropriateness.
- Respect for Diversity. We seek to provide services in a way that is respectful and appreciative of client diversity in culture and values.
- Collaboration. In our work with you there is an emphasis on the quality of the working alliance, recognizing that the working alliance is frequently a major contributor to personal changes experienced in psychological services.
- Empowerment. Consistent with positive psychology, our services are provided with an emphasis on client strengths. We tend to assume that there is more right with you than wrong with you.
- Mindfulness & Compassion. Our services are provided with a non-judgmental attitude, empathy, warmth, and genuineness. Clients are supported to cultivate awareness of present experience, and to experiment with new ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving, within the context of self compassion and an authentic professional relationship.